Saturday, May 03, 2008

i miss her


Many people thought this is a picture of me when i was little. This is actually a picture of my little sister, Iqa taken when she was 9yo. I dont blame them though. many people said we look very much alike. we share the same shoe size, same tee size (almost la), same height and most importantly the same birth date. There has been many times people mistook us for twin sisters.

At home Iqa was the one who always paksa me to go jogging, play badminton with her, and go ice skating. We have the same fav food and ice cream flavour. Iqa is also super friendly and adoreable too. I once took her out to watch a movie with Zul n after the outing Zul joked he doesnt mind taking Iqa to replace me if i ran away n elope with some other guy. Iqa therefore is the miniature me.

Last week,a letter arrived from MARA headquarters. Iqa is offerd a place in MRSM (3rd intake) way up north and of course, she was elated as she could be as shes always wanted to go to boarding school (like her along (later moved out) angah (stayed thruout the five years) and nurul (also keluar after couple of months due to homesickness)) the point is we all have had experience in boarding schools (including mama and ayah). She packed up her stuffs say goodbyes to bosom friends n teachers. Ayah Mama n Nurul sent her off.

I went home the last weekend and followed them to pay Iqa a visit. the MRSM is new, the kids look nice and Iqa seems to be coping well. we took her out for lunch, borak2 and she told me bout her worries in coping with studies. I assured her shes gonna do well all she has to do now is adapt to the new environment first. I remind her high school can be tough sometimes but at the end of the day she always has me, family members and most importantly God to turn to.

we went back later that evening and dad dropped me at coll. Iqa followed the car with her eyes and waved madly with a sad smile on her face until she became a tiny spot on the rearview mirror. (unlike me when i was in form 1 tho, she didnt cry her heart out when we were leaving.)

it kinda hurts to think that i wudnt be seeing much of her dah pasni as our cuti is never the same. MRSM and my beloved KYUEM cuti sgt pelik2 and rarely overlaps. i miss her sorely already.

sometimes i fail to see the point of going to boarding school so early in life when u barely know how to basuh baju yet. have fun first, bother bout being independent later in coll or uni.

but other times, which is most of the times, i feel my time in boarding school has taught me a lot of lessons where i cudnt get in daily schools. and i hope itll do the same too to Iqa.

so Iqa, chin up girl. i know you'll do well there and as far apart as we might be, ure always, always close to me in my heart. take care tau :')

Ps- Nurul if youre reading this, jgn terasa. Angah sayang you too just didnt get the chance to miss you, u dah lari keluar from MOZAC. heheh :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's so cute..