Thursday, October 11, 2007

raya for me was/is..

raya for me was...
-the time to visit arwah atuk and arwah pak long at tanah perkuburan in melaka.
-the time to mintak maaf to ayah mama along and all other family members.
-the time to put on my tailored baju kurung, put on a tudung nicely, wear my heels and go visit all the relatives and all the descendants of my family near and far,hi and low, all over melaka (or alternately, in terengganu) all day long, sometimes upto a whole week. tho i'd still haveto ask mama and ayah everytime we arrive at a house 'ni rumah sape ma?' n come the answer 'ur nenek's mom's adopted daughter's husband's sister's..... etcetc' i'll just.. 'owh! ryte" ; you told me last year but its just killing my neurones (not tht i have much anyway) to memorize all the branches in the familytree, biological and even not biological,inter-related, coincidently related, maybe-related's relatives.. but well, i dont reallly mind at all actually,because.........
-its time to collect some duit raya babe! ($_$) kaa-ching!
-thetime to makannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

raya was idleness, joy, happiness and good food while being surrounded by my loved ones..
sigh..

i loved raya

raya this year for me is...
- the time to buy the first wearable readymade bajukurung i saw in tesco or carrefour or anywhere i happen to be doing the groceries.
- kinda sad, along isnt around.
- a short one (rayake-3 i ada paper :l)
- nomore visit to relatives, not as much, as most of the time we'll be on the road, to trg, then melaka and rush everything in2 daysas raya ke3 i haveto already balik coll
-well,iguessthtalso means not as much moooolah :S heheh
-probably the last raya i spend in malaysia, if, only if, i go to uk nxt year :( sad kan?

raya this year is indeed a rush but im grateful tht some important elements of raya; a big part of the family and goodfood are still available for me to enjoy :)

some of you might think raya is overly comerciallized and overrated.
well, i dont. call me overly nostalgic or childish, whatever you want. to me raya is something you should treasure, raya is Raya :)

and just for the record, i still do love raya :)

happy hari raya!maaf zahir batin again :)

No comments: