Friday, October 26, 2007

different army, linc, but soldiers just the same.-susan S3e04

so i had my interview just now, cambridge interview. so you know how lega im feeling right now, dont you? Phew~

the interview wasnt so bad, but it wasnt very well either, i guess? we started off with things i put on my personal statement,my job attachment, community service and what not. Dr. Barnes then asked me to tell him how C-section is conducted. lucky me i did some reading on Ceasaren childbirth and told him what i knew. we talked about breech pregnancy, epidurals, labour and also the problem with C-section. i wasnt sure but i said its probably the incision made have to be precise to avoid the baby getting harmed. i told him about the location of the incision which is just above the bladder and we talked about how in older days doctors do longitudal sectional which is prone to infection. anyway,that bit went well,a good start i think.

owh the funny part is tht,he then asked me 'why is it called Cesarean section?' how should i know, professor? im no latino..i laughed and said maybe the method is found wayy back during Julius Cesar time...?*and smiles sweeeetly* and and, it was actually correct! (at least he said it is, or maybe its the power of my smile melted him? we would never know) :P

heheheh then he asked what is my fav subject n i said maths and biology. then he gave me a maths question and i freaking have to do it without calculator! haha tula, padan muka. i drew a graph to explain my answer but,but,buttttt gerammmmm... he asked me what is these lines called? (points to my sketch) and i ternganga disitu.. heheh..i said i cant remember and he said its called freaking asymtot! (okay he didnt say 'freaking' la obviously) knapela time2 ni nak lupe..

then bio questions lak. die tnye about protien this and protien that. :) aked me to draw amino acid stucture, dipeptide, and ased me about the amino acid leucine. i said im not sure what the R group is but i know for a fact that it is hydrophobic. he then asked if the protien structure is hydrophobic how is it suppose to be soluble in water? i suggested that the strand can fold and have its hyrophilic part on the surface. i was wrong. he said the peptide backbone is too strong and rigid. i think for a moment and said the protien strand could always combine with another strands to form quaternary stucture! and yeay! betol! but thennnn, he asked me, what is the example of protien yg have that structure of every leucine pointing out!? i took aguess and said keratin! weeeee betol lagi :D pastu we talked about where keratin can be found and why is nail harder than skin and hair. then he asked me to explain how perming and rebonding is done. (the chemicals used etcetc la) lucky me i have a bit of experience in this and i think i explained alright. he corrected me here and there and finally said he asked how do i know about all this, whether i read about it somewhere, and i said "just a little, i just relate it to what ive learnt" < chewah, dont i soundlike a cambridge student? XP hehehe..

then finally he asked have you been assign to any college yet? isaid 'yes, peterson' die buat muke pelik "peterson?... oh, you mean peterhouse?" and i was 100% certain that i blushed and quickly blurted my apology. and he doesnt seemed happy with that ignorance of mine.. *sigh* setupid me la

anyway, i dont put too much hope on this, at all. dr barnes told me tht medic student in cam will have heavier workload for sure and the singleplace for internationalstudent in each coll, is, needless to say, insanely competitive (see,firdaus, he even told mr this, hinting that 'ala..ure no cam material girl,sorry. better luck next Uni') . it'll behard for me toget it (dah la i kena interviewafter Muadz, the super pandai boy who got best in the world award for mathematics) additionally, my interview was among the shortest (20mins) orglain semua 30 mins.. :( mesti die dah boring ngn i.. *sobs* plus, i get simple straight 4ward q's as compared to dorg sume..:( and folks, this is definitely not false modesty.


ah well, at least its over and done with. and,believe it or not,i actually find myself having fun during the interview despite my flaws :D

No comments: